I’ve published a book and released it to the public for the first time, but is that an excuse to sit back and be lazy this summer? In the immortal words of Luke Skywalker….
You said it, kid. I’m Allison the Writer, after all. How could I not write?
I mentioned some time before in a state of serious writer’s block that I was hoping to be more active as a writer during the summer. (And then I had a breakthrough with my novelette in the last half of the school year. 😛 The best things happen when you least expect them to.) Here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish as a writer this summer:
- Work on a new full-length children’s novel I haven’t discussed before on this blog. It may or may not involve spies.
- Research cool time periods in history for Adventures with My Time-Traveling Uncle. (Currently considering: assassination of John Lennon in 1980, ancient Mayans, and the Boston Tea Party, and the French Revolution.)
- Lead a multiwriter story project for a Doctor Who fan group I administrate.
Side goals (aka the ones I don’t really know if I’m going to do at all):
- Edit Secrets in Seaport one last time due to some minor typos that were brought to my attention only now.
- Make Secrets in Seaport available in eBook format(s). (I’d make the aforementioned edits before doing so.)
- Participate in Camp NaNoWriMo.
I have no idea how many of these goals I’ll actually meet, but I can hope, right? 🙂