The 777 challenge requires you go to Page 7 of your work-in-progress, scroll down to Line 7 and share the next 7 lines in a blog post. Once you have done this, you can tag 7 other bloggers to do the same with their work-in-progress.
That said, here’s a seven-line excerpt from the seventh page of the Camp NaNoWriMo story I wrote with my friend Becky, starting from the seventh line:
“You know, this whole Crazy Candy thing is just a hobby of mine,” said Peter. “I’m also the mayor of this town.”
Alec passed out for the first time in forever, and there was definitely no magic or fun involved.
When he awoke it was to the feeling of something sticky and sweet-tasting being splashed upon his face. Then he saw his daughter Daisy peering down at him, a plastic bottle of something dark and fizzy in her hands.
“What is this stuff?” Alec demanded weakly.
“Carlisle’s Crazy Cola,” he heard Peter declare from somewhere behind him, out of his line of sight. “So it doesn’t just cure indigestion. I can add revival from fainting to the list of its medicinal qualities. Make note of that, Brady!”
Did any of that make sense? 😀 You’ll be able to see it in context on Becky’s website soon….
I now tag the following writerly citizens of the web:
- Julia Byers, former teen writer (she’s still a writer, but no longer a teen) and blogger
- The TCWT blog team
- Becky Laine, young author of The Story of ABBA for Young Readers, and my co-writer for this story 🙂
- Ruth Song, Figgie in the TARDIS, blogger, and fellow teen writer
- Evelyn Krieger, author of One Is Not a Lonely Number
- Rose Johnson, poet and fellow teen writer
- The Young Writers Society community – if any of you YWS-ers are interested, you can tag me @Honeybadger23, or use #777writingchallenge in your post!