Let’s see if I can start a blog tag going. The purpose of this tag is helping MG and YA authors of all levels of accomplishment get to know each other by answering a combination of random, funny, or frank writerly questions. If you write stories for young readers, be it for fun or as a job, whether you’ve published anything or not, I want to hear from you!
Simply introduce yourself (however briefly or lengthily you’d like) and answer however many of these questions as you’d like!
- Who are your favorite authors, and do they influence your writing?
- Why do you write?
- Is writing something you (would) do for a living, or is it just a hobby?
- Do you enjoy reading the same genres that you enjoy writing? Why or why not?
- If you could use one GIF to describe your writerly self, what would it be?
- How do you deal with writers’ block?
- How do you feel about writing explicit content (e.g. “curse words” or suggestive content) in books for young people? Why?
- Have you written books for adults before/after writing for young readers? What’s the transition between genres like?
- What do you think of self-publishing versus traditional publishing? If you’ve only published traditionally, would you ever self-publish? And if you’re a self-published author, would you ever go the traditional route?
- What’s one question you’ve been dying to ask other MG/YA writers?
Feel free to add or remove questions as you please, and leave a link here if you participate – I’m curious to see how far this gets (and if anyone who’s super-famous participates). 😉
Stay tuned for my answers next week….