In September, Nate Philbrick shared the Q&A Blog Tag on his site, and left the tag open to anyone who wants to participate. I thought I’d give this tag a go. Since I write all my posts months in advance whenever I have a free minute to sit and write, that’s why you’re only seeing this post now. 😛
In terms of rules: basically, you get tagged to answer ten questions. Thank the asker, let them know you participated, answer their questions in a blog post, then tag a bunch more people with ten questions of your own.
So yeah, thanks, Mr. Philbrick! That said…
Here are the ten questions I must answer:
1. Favorite fiction genre to read?
As embarrassed as I am to admit it, at the moment, my favorite fiction genre is fan fiction.
2. Free weekend: would you rather stay at home and relax (alone or with a select few) or go out and make big plans?
What’s most likely to happen is I’ll stay at home and relax because my big plans to go out just didn’t work out, or I’m too tired to make them happen. 😛
3. Favorite season? (Of the year, you Netflix addict).
Volume Three of RW— Oh. My favorite season is Autumn. It’s a nice, happy medium between the hot, sweltering Summer and the cold, numbing Winter.
4. Best thing to do on a rainy day?
Baking Reese’s peanut butter chip cookies. Next-best thing? Eating them all.
5. Hardcover books or paperback books? (Don’t even try “but kindle…?” My post, my rules).
Now that I’m reading bigger books, I find I prefer paperbacks. They’re far less bulky. I hate reading on the computer. I hate it. All my textbooks at school are eBooks, which makes them all the more unbearable!
6. Favorite speculative (fantasy, sci-fic, etc.) film?
The Matrix and Star Wars: A New Hope.
7. You’re stranded in a forest (no way out). What’s your best shot at getting food?
Well, assuming I’m not running for my life from a apologetically no-longer-famous Hollywood superstar, I’d probably try to catch fish and not die from berry poisoning.
8. Would you rather be able to breathe underwater or have camouflaging abilities?
Hm…. I think I’d rather have camouflaging abilities. That seems like an ability I’d use more often.
9. Name an animal that you’re terrified of, for whatever reason.
I don’t think I’m particularly terrified of any animals. Irrationally, anyway. I think I have a healthy level of respect and caution around most animals, but I wouldn’t consider myself terrified of any.
10. Hugs: the solution to most of life’s problems, or a space-invading nuisance?
It really depends on the circumstance and the hugger. 😛
I’m not going to tag anyone specifically. If you’re reading this and you like blog tags, consider yourself tagged, and feel free to share the link to your post in a comment below. 🙂
That said, here are ten things I’m dying to know about you:
- Boxed macaroni and cheese or homemade?
- If you could be any character from your favorite book, movie, series, etc., who would it be and why?
- If you’re a writer, what are your writerly goals for the coming year?
- You have a time machine, but it can only take you in one direction along the timeline (with the exception of being able to take you back to the present). Would that direction be forwards, or backwards?
- It’s a snow day. Are you indoors or outdoors?
- If you could make a soundtrack for your book (or a book you enjoy), what would be some of the songs on it?
- What’s the last book you read? Did you like it?
- How do you feel about keeping books in the bathroom?
- Nutella or peanut butter?
- What’s the best book-to-movie adaptation you’ve ever seen?